– Parking will not be permitted in the church parking lot as a mass will be going on that morning. Keuka Street will be closed from St. Michael School up towards Court Street.
– Parking is available at the Penn Yan Academy and Penn Yan Middle School parking lots which are a block or so away.
– Kid’s Run will start at 9:30am following the 5K for children 12 & Under
– Kid’s signed up for the 5K can also participate in the Kid’s Run (no extra charge)
– All Kid’s Run participants recieve a super cool “Turkey” medal!!
– There will be a sign infront of St. Michael School showing the Kid’s Run starting line.
– It will be a 1/4 mile race partically up Keuka Street and back (street is closed off).
– Race day registration for Kid’s Run is still only $5 — advanced sign-up is greatly appreciated however.
– The tradition will continue by awarding the overall Male and Female Champion with a “Champion” Turkey Trot Shirt and a Turkey!
-The Awards and Raffle will take place promptly at 9:45AM following the Kid’s Fun Run. You MUST be present to claim prize.
– Awards will also be given to the top 3 M/F in each of these categories: 10&Under, 11-13, 14-15, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
– Winners will be recieving some great prizes includes gift certificates to Flour Shop Cafe & Bakery, La Cocina, The Olney Place, MaryKay, The Curtis Museum, PY Xpress Lube, Tropic Salon, Cam’s Pizzeria, 31 Bags, Road ID Bracelets (See the Road ID
website) and some amazing wine to go with your thanksgiving turkey from Anthony Road Wine Company.
– Each race participant will receive a raffle ticket when they pick up their packet. Your name and information will have already been recorded. So this means that just by entering the race you are also entered into our super special Raffle. Additional tickets will be made available on race morning at the Registration Table for $1/ticket. You can also obtain an additional ticket when you donate canned goods. Just bring the canned food items to the registration table and for every 5 items you will get an extra ticket. What this means is that for canned items 1-5 you will get 1 ticket, items 6-10 will earn you another ticket and so on-WHAT IS UP FOR GRABS? 2 iPod Shuffles again this year, two amazing wine gifts from Anthony Road Wine Company, and a few others
STROLLERS & PETS
– If you plan on using a stroller please plan on lining up behind all other racers at the start of the race.
– Due to the high number of children running and limited space through the cemeteries we ask that pets not be taken on the 5k course with racers.
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS!
We’d like to say a huge thanks to all of our amazing sponors this year. The community support has been unbelievable and we hope everyone remembers to shop locally at these businesses as the holiday season kicks off!!